Thursday, May 15, 2014

Alumni Dinner

As nervous as I was starting out the night, it was nice to see some familiar faces in the crowd (besides my cohort, of course) gathered together tonight.  Purely by chance, seated next to me was Lauren Brodsky (Brown ℅ '05); she happens to be the half-sister of one of my longtime classmates, Andrew. And by longtime I mean that I went to elementary, middle, and high school with him!  She explained to me what Brown is like, and as an added bonus she told me about her year abroad in Scotland at the University of Edinburgh, a school that I've been considering applying to.  In addition to Lauren, I talked to so many other interesting people including an air force ROTC turned sixth grade teacher, a former ECHS math teacher, and an encouraging school board member who gave me wonderful ideas that will help me create a positive and lasting impact on my school (thank you!).  

It was an amazing night filled with fascinating conversations, delicious food, and great company! I can't wait to attend the W&L program, watch how it affects those in my cohort (from what I've heard, the impact is pretty significant in the best type of way), and maybe one day attend another dinner like this, but this time as an alumni myself.  

Oh, and if you're ever at One Market make sure to try the Strawberry Rhubarb Tart!
The gorgeous flower arrangement (that I got to keep!)

No comments:

Post a Comment