Thursday, August 7, 2014

Goodbye Providence, Hello Bay Area!

It's really sad to think about it, that it's our last time at Providence. I've felt really comfortable about this small city and I've also encountered many of the nicest people on the East Coast. Aside from this wonderful city comes the University that changed the way I look at colleges with its clean and beautiful campus. I really felt the presence of my second home while I was there for the 2 week summer program and have also developed special friendships with most of the people around me. It's unfortunate to say that all of this has ended within a 2 and a half week span. Now today is the last day of it all and it is better to make the most out of it. 

It was another early wake up call for me and Thao. We woke up at around 8 not to meet with the group down at the lobby, but to spend our morning on Thayer street for the last time. Even though Jenny gave us the option of sleeping in and meeting down at the lobby at 11 AM, Thao and I decided to make the most of our short time at Providence by heading up to Thayer instead of sleeping in (bad idea or no?) We left the hotel at 8:30 AM and made our way up the hill towards Brown University. I have to admit, I got tired about halfway through walking the hill, but as a dedicated athlete, I trudged my way through those horrid hills of Providence just to buy my last minute presents. Once we finally made our way past the hill we made our way to a cafe and ordered an iced coconut latte and bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. Next we headed across the street to the Brown bookstore and spent about 45 minutes shopping for last minute gifts for people back home. I bought my little sister a Brown crew neck sweater while I bought my dad a mug and my mother a coffee mug. I know it may not be the best presents, but it's the thought that counts right? 

Poor Elephant

After endless circles around the Brown bookstore we made our way back to the hotel, but first we stopped by the main green of the Brown campus to say our last goodbyes, then went back downtown. This was probably the funnest part of the day; the zoo! Yes, at 11 we assembled back to the lobby, bought lunch at Gourmet Heaven Restaurant and made our way to Roger Williams Park Zoo, which was just a few minute drive from our hotel. It was a really fun zoo, of course the majority visiting it were parents with their small children but it was just so nice to go to the zoo again and just check out the animals. I felt my inner kid come out of me again, of course without all the crying and complaining. I was glad that I was able to spend this last day at Providence with my cohort at the zoo, it was something that seemed fresh and original since not many people expected it. After 2 hours at the zoo, we drove to TF Green Aiport for departure. Our flight was set to leave at 5:30 but we got there at the airport around 3 just to be early. We relaxed for an our and half and was ready to board. The flight to Chicago went by pretty smooth and was approximately 2 hours long. I took a quick nap (like always) then played some card games with Thao. Of course we played our classic game of speed and this helped make the flight go faster. Once we arrived at Chicago, we ordered our dinner for our flight. Almost everyone ordered a cheeseburger and since we were running a little late for boarding, we just took our burgers to go and enjoyed it during the flight. I finally got the window seat after 7 flights in under a month (the struggle was real). Next to me was Cynthia and Izabel and for most of the flight we just talked and laughed. During this flight it hit me that we're really on our way back home and I won't be seeing most of these girls for a while. 

I personally wrote the letter

Dumbo ears

I was pretty excited to finally be arriving home. Upon arrival of the gate, Cynthia's family appeared with a big sign with her name on it. It was really nice and it surprised everyone. It made me wonder where my mom was, I even thought that she was lost. On our way to get our baggage, I saw my mother and sister from a distance and ran towards them and gave them a big hug. Oh how I missed my mother's hug and my sister's annoying comments. It's been a really long while and I was just so glad to see them again. The day would finally end after receiving my luggages. We all said our goodbyes to each other and made our way to our designated departing place. It's been an awesome 2 and a half weeks with these girls. Hopefully we'll form a reunion soon, they just can't enough of me (haha). 

Seen my mother and sister, I just had to run

Dissed my sister for my mom

My sister forgave me for dissing her, so we decided to take a picture with mom

No comments:

Post a Comment