Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Wellesley Way To Go

 Today I woke up at 7 in the morning; I got ready and met Jenny down in the lobby.  Nemow went to go get breakfast where I got a yogurt. We met Jenny at Hotel Providence where we boarded the van and got ready for are one hour ride to Wellesley College in Massachusetts. The car ride was about an hour long; when we arrived I was amazed at how beautiful the college was.


At 10 in the morning we went on are tour of the campus which was about an hour long. Are tour guide was Dylan McGarvey a rising junior.  She gave us a great informative tour she even let us in to most buildings. She allowed us inside of the dorms which were quite spacious and the communal bathrooms were clean. We also went inside the science building where we got to see all of the science books on the first floor. Along our tour she showed us the main green where there are concerts for the students.

After our tour we went to go eat at a restaurant called Blue Ginger where I ordered a peach salad. Dylan joined us. I had the opportunity to ask her about there was a business program. I was glad she joined us and she answered all of the group’s questions.

Around 1 in the afternoon we returned to Wellesley for the information session there I learn that Wellesley gives a lot of financial help to the students who need it.  If your family makes less than $60,000 a year you can get free tuition. We all so learned that only because it was an all-women’s college doesn't mean that other college students from close by colleges can’t take the class there two. They also mentioned that as a Wellesley student you can take classes around numbering colleges like MIT.I also learned about the diversity in the college is about % 50 minorities.


Around 5:30 in the afternoon we met Jenny in the lobby all dressed up for are fancy dinner. We walked to the restaurant, we the first there. I set next to Jimmy a Brown student studying pre-med. she encourage me to try my hardest and practice my SAT testing. On my left side I sat next to Lydia Sanchez  who encouraged me to me to apply to different colleges  and have a realistic back up plan, that’s hard to believe  because I just fell in love with Brown the atmosphere  just makes my soul feel happy  like I am were I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment