Saturday, August 2, 2014

I (Heart) NY

I LOVE NEW YORK! Honestly, at this point I don't even know where to start! I suppose this morning would be as good a place to start as any…

Washington Square Park
We started off today with a guided tour of New York University.  I’ve heard a lot about this school from one of my older brother’s friends (who loves everything about the university), so naturally I was very excited. Based on various European schools, NYU’s New York campus (I had to clarify because they also have campuses in Abu Dhabi and Shanghai) is incorporated throughout Greenwich Village (located in the west side of Lower Manhattan).  Personally, I think this is an amazing concept because this way you really get to know the city, rather than just the campus’s immediate vicinity.   I can really see myself going to school there and I know for a fact that I am going to apply there this coming fall.  

Freedom Tower
After NYU, we went to the National September 11th Museum and Memorial.  The memorial itself was an absolutely beautiful and awe-inspiring tribute to those that lost their lives in the 9/11 attack.  Words cannot describe the feelings that the atomosphere, memorial, and musuem invoked, and I know that my limited writing skills wouldn't be able to do this site justice.  All I can say is that if you ever find yourself in New York, you must make time to visit a site as historic as this. Just be emotionally prepared.

New York is such a beautiful city, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to really view the city from so many angles (including from the streets, the water, and underground)! It’s impossible to truly capture the essence of such an amazing place either in writing or through photographs. I still tried my best though, which I thought wasn’t too bad considering that the only class I’ve taken was a beginners’ course in photography during my freshman year!  Anyways, I can't wait to see more of the city (and possibly go to school here, fingers crossed...)


View of the Manhattan skyline

No comments:

Post a Comment