Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thank You, All of You.

Once again, I would just like to take a moment to thank everyone who has supported me throughout these last few months…there were so many people involved who have encouraged and allowed me to participate in this amazing program.  With a special thanks to Charles Ramsey, Madeline Kronenberg and Don Gosney for their continued dedication to the Ivy League Connection.  Thanks to my wonderful chaperone Jenny and my fun-loving cohorts.  Thanks to all the alumni, students, and educators who volunteered their time to meet with us and share their experience and insight.  Thanks to family too—this truly was an experience that I will never forget. 


It’s so hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that this adventure is coming to a close.  I’ll be forever grateful for that knowledge that I’ve gained throughout the Women and Leadership course at Brown University.  I’ve learned about gender roles, societal oppression, and so much more. I’ve learned how to be a better leader, how to listen, and how to present myself.  I’ve learned about different colleges, research and internship opportunities, and the importance of networking. But most importantly, I’ve learned a lot about myself.  Now I’m finally on the path to discover my true potential (I say “path” because this course made me realize that I still have a lot of room for further growth and development).  I’m excited to put this new knowledge to use within my own community and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment