Friday, August 1, 2014

It's Up to You, New York


Today, we left Providence and arrived in New York City.  It’s impossible to put into words how excited I am to finally be here!  For quite a while now, Columbia has been on the top of my list for colleges (which, at this point is comprised of nearly 20 schools…), so naturally talking to current Columbia students meant a lot to me.  The 3 ladies sitting at my table were majoring in Political Sciences/Pre-med, Math/Art History, and Neuroscience with a minor in Music.  This was an absolutely perfect group for me because I’ve been considering the possibility of going into college on track for Pre-med with a focus on neuroscience (and as an added bonus, I love math). To be honest, I've been nervous about this idea because I wasn't sure that I would be able to handle the workload and competitive nature of the course I've chosen, but they convinced me that with proper time management than (almost) anything is possible.  The way that they spoke about Columbia and the various classes they've taken made the school sound positively AMAZING! From what I’ve heard throughout the course of dinner, it meets everything that I’m looking for both in college and the experience as a whole.  I can’t wait until I finally get a chance to tour the campus and learn more about the university (even though I’ve already been convinced to apply…)!
I'm going to miss everyone from Brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment