Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Special Evening

At 12:00 PM, on a hot and humid Saturday, my cohort and I walked to Thayer Street waiting until almost 1:00 PM for the bus to pick us up. We planned to go to Providence Place Mall for a few hours then meet our chaperon Jenny for a dinner at the recommended Flatbread Pizza Company. The bus, Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) allowed us to pay fare with scanning our Brown Summer Student ID cards then dropped us off four blocks away from the mall.

I ordered a Chicken California sub sandwich from Charley’s Grilled Subs for lunch today.
After the mall, we went back to our dorms to drop off our purchases.
Then Maria navigated us to Flatbread Pizza Company to meet with Jenny, Sierra, and Jessie. Jenny ordered us a mushroom with tomato, beef and mushroom, cheese, chicken pizzas. Also we had a large appetizer of a garden salad with goat cheese. It was such a delicious and satisfying dinner. Thanks so much to the Ivy League Connection.
After dinner at Flatbread Pizza Company, my cohort and I went to WaterFire Providence Full Lighting from Waterplace Park to Memorial South Main Street Park.
There it was raising awareness of Hepatitis C and giving free screenings to people. We walked to the WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza on Washington Street, where I bought a handmade brass mini-book necklace.
Jenny, Cynthia, Izabel, Magaly, Sierra, Jessie and I had icecream from a vendor. I had three scoops of black raspberry ice cream in a cup.
We searched for a spot to await sunset and watch the lighting begin. The sidewalks and stadiums were packed with locals, tourists, and students. Anyone can tell it was a special event in Providence, as all the people gathered together.
Lighting on water

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of you ion the blue dress. You look so comfortable and content with that beautiful smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photography skills, it brings everything together and I am able to experience the many adventures you have made thus far. I love the ice cream, the friendships you are making, the preparation for the fire and the end result. Makes me want to travel now :)

    ReplyDelete