Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Less than 3 days left...

Just two more days are left in this program since I will be leaving this Friday morning and begin a anew chapter of this experience, but that's another blog. I still remember the day where I didn't know a lot of the people here and I felt as awkward as anyone else probably did. Now I understand the saying " I remember it like it happened just yesterday..."because it literally feels like I had my first class just yesterday. I cannot believe I still remember all my feelings, reactions and aspirations that I had on the first three days of school. Throughout the course, I have been achieving my goals-- I can say this was a life changing experience. I feel that I have changed for the better and strengthened all of my leadership qualities that I already had and even the ones I didn't even realize were there. I learned more about myself the past days then I have ever learned in my life. I believe in this course, myself, and others.

I don't know if I am the only one, who at the same time, am happy and sad when I finally leave. It is so bitter sweet because I am so excited for the future and what is to come, like all the things that I am going to take part in. I cannot go back to that girl I once was-- I am going to take charge and action in my community because I want to motivate others. I want to share my "wisdom" and knowledge with the whole world. Is it weird that I am also looking forward to the situations where people do not agree with me and I, the great leader that was taught to be, handle those problems and resolve them. The future is what I want to come already so I can implement my strategies and theories for the greater good.

On the other hand, I don't want to leave this place because I want to wake up everyday and go to this class. It is an environment where I have thrived, formed new relationships, heard new perspectives and ideas. I have grown fond of every person who has contributed to my learning that includes everyone like my classmates, mentors, friends, teachers, professors and even the regular people I would see everyday on the street. I have had a taste of independence and freedom which has taught me a lot of things as well. I do not want to say goodbye to the place where I was so privileged to attend and transform. 

Moving on to something else before I start to get emotional because of all the mixed emotions that are running through my head right now just typing about it, I had some shaved ice today for the first time. I am also sad that I didn't find this place sooner because it is so delicious. It is ice-cream shaved on a grater or something and it comes out like Listerine mouth strips. It melts in your mouth and is so delicious. 
Yummy mango
Cynthia and I
I am planning to sleep early today because the lack of sleep due to my irresponsible decisions are beginning to affect me. I am used to my mom telling me to go to bed but now it is all on me and at the end will either benefit me or not. Okay, there I will say it, I miss my parents-- my wonderful and loving parents.
Izabel and I are conceited

No comments:

Post a Comment