Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Beginning of the End.


I can't believe that today was my last full day at Brown; it feels like we just got here! I’ve honestly learned more from Dean Almandrez within these last two weeks than I’ve learned from some teachers in a year.  Honestly, after seeing the good that this program has done for the girls that I came here with (and for myself too), I realized that this is the type of class that everyone should take. By everyone, I mean girls and boys.  The change in those around me is astonishing and made obvious by the way that these girls now carry themselves.  There is a newfound confidance and self-assurance that is (unfortunately) rare in today’s society.  I know that the young women in my class will use these qualities to benefit society in the best ways possible (I can be certain of this simply based on all of their action plans).  This has been such an amazing experience and I can’t wait to hear about what all of these lovely women will accomplish later in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment