Friday, July 25, 2014

End of the school week but not the end of learning

Although it is Friday and we do not have any classes that we need to wake up early for,the learning does not stop today. Just because we don't have any class to attend doesn't mean that we can stop learning. Everyday is an opportunity to become a little bit smarter and a little bit wiser. The only required activity we are required to attend is a presentation on Sunday afternoon that begins around 7 AM and ends roughly at around 9 PM.

Besides that, I am pretty much free to go and discover Providence with the girls. But,I am still conscious that I still have to blog every night and that I cannot escape from the readings that I am assigned to read. To be honest,I thought it was such a drag to blog everyday about our experience here at Brown during this course. Now,I do not really see it as torture because blogging helps me reflect,realize and recognize everything I was so fortunate to do and see here in Providence. This is a way of expressing our opinions and emotions while being heard and understood by many people all over the world.

This weekend I am looking forward to sleeping in because I finally have the chance to do so! I've been trying to learn how to keep up with everything and also learning how to adjust to the time difference. I have noticed how these adjustments have been affecting me in general. I haven't been tired because of sleep deprivation or school or the blogging,but in general,learning and focusing requires a lot of hard work.

For today,I planned to tour around Providence a bit more but still around the dorm area. Then tomorrow,we were going to visit the mall and buy gifts for our families -- a chance to see even more of Rhode Island. Lucky for us,later in the afternoon,we are going to see a water/fire performance around Providence that Iv'e heard is fun and truly spectacular Sunday is a relaxation day where we might and might not end up wearing our pajamas the whole day and just watch movies and stuff our faces with food.
Friday afternoon concert
Regardless what we decide to do,we are going to make the best of it and try to enjoy ourselves as much as possible. At the end,what matters is spending time with your friends.

Best pictures are probably the ones you do not pose for

No comments:

Post a Comment