Saturday, July 19, 2014

Leaving Family Behind And Making More

It has come to the day where I'm just a nap away from leaving for Providence, Rhode Island with my Brown Cohort. It has now hit me that I'll be gone for three weeks without my family. 

During this trip I plan to learn a lot from myself as well as my peers. 

I received an email from my instructor Mary Grace Almandrez, earlier this week, with one of the first assignments I'll be having when I start my class. While reading the assignment I began to question myself why we people describe ourselves as just subtitles, and letting "dominant" people put us down and feel less. I can't explain how I feel exactly but towards the end of the assignment I realized I only had a sentence to read, I must admit I wanted to read more. I'm excited to learn more from myself and gain many more close friends. I know I'll come back as a more outspoken young lady .
I can't wait to see my Brown cohort sisters! And Jenny my chaperone as well! I'll see them tomorrow at 3 AM so I should get to sleeping!

1 comment:

  1. What a handsome looking group of young ladies. I wouldn't want to get in their way.

    ReplyDelete