Sunday, July 20, 2014

So close to Brown University...

This summer has gone by so quickly. I have recently finished my Final exams at Mills College Upward Bound summer school this Thursday, and in just a few more hours, I will be meeting with my cohort and Jenny in front of  El Cerrito High School. Soon we will all take a shuttle to San Francisco Airport, to take an airplane to Providence, Rhode Island. I am experiencing a mixture of nervousness and ecstatic feelings, for getting the opportunity to live independently and make reasonable choices on my own for almost three whole weeks. I am looking forward to seeing my cohorts and Jenny, also to meeting our professor Mary Grace Almandrez, a Director of Third World Center and Assistant Dean of the College at Brown University. I can assume my cohort and I are all looking forward to studying at Brown University, making new interactions with people, having a great opportunity to live inside Brown's dorms and experience the rigorous Ivy League academic environment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm almost as excited for you all as you are and I don't even get to ride to the airport with you. You're all going to have a ball and you get to learn so much while you're there.

    ReplyDelete