Saturday, July 19, 2014

Time is Ticking Down for Take Off

Missing This Place
Just a few hours to go until all nine of us get on our plane to Brown University. I have had a fun summer so far, but this is the moment I have been waiting for. I'm pretty nervous, but I know that adrenaline rush will be the source of my energy. Yesterday night was my last day at swimming. It was a sentimental moment for me, but I had a lot of fun at practice. We did our warm up, some drills, and played water polo afterward. It was a fun game, because we all were denying that the other team scored. Thank goodness our coach was there to settle the disputes. Since it was my last day, my coach tried her best to make it so my team won. It was a sad fail at first, but somehow we won at the end. How ironic. At the end of practice, I felt my eyes sweating. The emotions were overflowing and the best part of the night was being thrown in. My friends plotted to throw me in, and I knew they were going to do it. With my failed struggle to resist them, I got tossed in the pool. After being tossed, my friends and I all hugged for one last time. Celeste Wong, RJ Ravanera, LJ Maravillas, Alex Lin, and I had one last moment together. I gave Coach Rachel Birnam one last hug. It was a very emotional moment for me to leave. I'm positive that I will have a crying moment deep within, but I will make them proud. I'm having butterflies in my stomach, but I know that I'm ready for this. As I would say, LET'S DO THIS! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your summer in the pool but aren't you also heading east to do something? I can't wait to read about that part of your summer.

    ReplyDelete